Friday, October 1, 2010

Here's the thing....

...I hate those obligatory "I haven't posted in a long time so here is my oath of renewed regular postage" posts. First of all, they are usually lies. It sometimes lasts a little while, but be honest, you're going to find yourself writing another one in a few months. Second of all, they are always lame. It's a sorry excuse for a post. Sure you get the variation "recap of the last 6 months," and that's a little better, but really it's still a cop out.

So this is not one of those posts. I make no promises. I may or may not write again soon.

Let me tell you about this:

I saw The Social Network today. It's the movie about Facebook. I really liked it. It actually inspired me. I came home with a hankerin' to do some math and programming. I decided that it was time I really get serious about life. I don't want to be an average guy any longer. I want to be really good at whatever it is I do. If that means extra math work, then I'ma do it. If it means filling in the many gaps in my C++ class on my own time, I'ma do that too. I may not have my billion dollar idea yet, but you can bet I'll be ready for it when it comes.

If you're nice to me, I may even share the wealth.


3 comments:

  1. Let me just take this time to say that your hair looks particularly nice today and you're basically the greatest person I've ever met.

    If you need my contact info for future use when the billions start rolling in, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have you back. No matter how long it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is one of my favorite Beatles songs of all time. Pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete