Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Patterns

Life sometimes provides fascinating motifs. One expects patterns in mathematics. As one learns more math and how it applies to the natural world, one begins to see order in the chaos of the universe. Things like the natural log, the prevalence of sinusoidal functions, and the fact that two and two always and obstinately equals four, regardless of what objects you may be counting, are all indicative of said order. So when I see people carrying bagels in ziplock bags everywhere I go, with no apparent relevance to one another, I am nevertheless awed by nature’s display of uniformity.

Is it a sign? Maybe.

Will I change my shirt because of it? Probably.

Will I then see someone else wearing the same socks as me? Very likely.

Oh Mother Nature, you are such a tease!


----------------
Now playing: Band of Skulls - Patterns
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

  1. I love this, even though I loathe math with every fiber of my being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I hate math. You really don't need past grade 8, really.

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete